Expect video on the rise and playing an important role on Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, and even on websites in 2016. Facebook has rolled out (in beta) Facebook video ads and Facebook live video feeds that have already been used by select Facebook fan pages. Last year, Facebook enabled auto-play of videos in your newsfeed, but thankfully defaulted the sound off. This will increase a user's likelihood to view the video and engage with the post. Furthermore, countless studies have indicated that video can increase traffic to a website and keep the visitor on the website.
Along with video, GIF's or animated images, will also see a rise. These can be 15 seconds long, but are usually about 2-5 seconds long and are most commonly used on Twitter and Facebook. Instagram’s “Boomerang” feature plays a continuous GIF.
Why is video and GIF's on the rise? With data plans becoming more affordable and offering higher speeds, combined with mobile devices possessing stronger hardware to process video, more and more people can now stream video at their fingertips. We all know the famous saying that "a picture is worth a thousand words." Animated graphics and video are worth a hundred thousand words! Video editors like VidTrim, allow you to edit your videos from your smartphone and tablet. A great and free GIF creator is Giphy, which I use for Facebook.
Will you now use video and GIF's?
PS One more App to be on the look-out for: Peach
Peach is a new app that has been gaining traction. People enjoy it because you can post a lot more frequently without feeling like you are spamming others. You can easily see what your friends are up to, follow topics, and use Apple's 3D touch to review updates.
It's about time we started a blog! After all, websites with blogs are 437% more likely to be indexed by Google. I like to relate this concept to the story of Hansel and Gretel. Blogging is our breadcrumbs, so the more breadcrumbs we place (more blogging performed), the easier it will be to find home or your website.
Furthermore, blogging is a way to set yourself as a trusted expert in your field. After all, that is you! Your clients and customers come to you to not only learn more, but to also help accomplish their goals. You can use your blog to spark a discussion on social media and increase your engagement!
So, go on and let the blogging commence!
At EHM Web Solutions, we always first speak with you, the client, to get to know you and your business better. During this time, we will identify your goals and discuss how to improve upon current practices.
We will review your current website and identify weaknesses to improve upon. We will also discuss your website goals and how to measure success.
We will identify alternative software to help you improve processes and increase efficiency. We then provide tutorials on how to operate the new features.
Social Media is best used by someone who understands your business and company culture. That's why at EHM Web Solutions we go the extra mile to get to know your business better to best represent you online.
We will work with you to compose a customized marketing strategy and then implement this strategy. There are countless social media platforms, so it is important that we select the right platform to connect with your target market.
Facebook decided to once again decrease your post's reach. Reach refers to the amount of times a person may see your post within 24 hours. So, if I viewed your post 100 times within 24 hours, that would be counted as 100 times overall. Many confuse this statistic, believing that 100 people saw your post, when in fact, only a single person viewed it. The best statistic to measure the amount of viewership is engagement. Engagement refers to any time someone clicks on your post, shares, likes, or comments on your post.
What? Why is Facebook forcing me to pay now?!?!
Before, Facebook Pages had about 16% of their fans seeing posts and now about 7% of your fans are seeing posts. You can choose to boost your post and set 1) duration and 2) budget, but this may prove costly and ineffective if you do not have a marketing strategy. So how can you best invest limited money, while getting the most return (ROI) on Facebook?
I would first recommend considering the following points, which we review with our clients before submitting a digital marketing strategy:
1) You do not have to immediately pay Facebook. You can first work with your marketing team to create engaging graphics / content or even run a sweepstakes. I almost always suggest running a sweepstakes, where the user is required to subscribe to your e-mail list to win a prize or gain access to exclusive content. This not only will help increase engagement on your page, which also increases your post’s exposure, but will also allow you to build an e-mail list. E-mail is not a dead form of communication and there are still plenty of people checking it!
*Be careful not to require a fan to like your post to enter a contest. Facebook changed their rules and this tactic is frowned upon and could result in your page’s suspension.
2) External links. If you are posting external links to your website, Facebook will provide a greater push to posts that include the website’s preview image, rather than uploading your own image and including a link. Why does Facebook do this? This is done because Facebook also allows you to upload your own graphic in lieu of the graphic they grab from your site. Feel free to customize a graphic to better advertise your campaign!
3) Facebook strategy. You cannot throw money into Facebook thinking it will generate revenue and that is your strategy. Work with your marketing team or consultant to first identify your goals and target location. Then, create a social media policy of what types of posts and comments will be allowed on your page. Also, think about the type of content you wish to share with your fans. Content marketing, or sharing useful information with your fans, will help increase engagement, and improve your company's online exposure or brand awareness.
4) Advertise your Facebook and other social media presences. Your employees are also brand ambassadors.Have employees insert your company social media links to the footer of their work e-mail. On all printed material, you should also include your social media accounts. You may also want to consider adding the text, "Stay connected," "Keep in touch," or "Follow us for useful information" above your social media listings on printed collateral.
5) Social media feeds. You spend a lot of time and money in building your website. Do not let your developer to simply place social media icons, especially Facebook icons, on your website. These icons only send your visitors away from your website. It is just as easy to include a Facebook like box that will allow visitors to quickly like your page, while remaining on your website!
The most important thing to do is to identify your goals, and then determine how Facebook can help you achieve those goals. You want to create a "Facebook community," where users cannot only consume great content, but can also communicate with each other on your page. Don't be afraid to invest some money into Facebook. A small budget of $10 to boost a key post could help your business and identify successful content types to promote in the future. To be successful online, it's all about research, strategy, and engaging with your fans!
Have questions? Feel free tocontact us today!
It is imperative that organizations have a strong website and a strong social media presence to promote their website and business. Search engines like Google, yahoo, and Bing are content focused. In other words, having a strong social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc as well as a blog can help improve your website's search ranking. It also allows you a direct line of communication with your customers and allows you to generate new sale leads. Some may fret about the "dangers" of social media sites like Facebook, but we will help put your fears to rest and help you & your business utilize social media as a tool! We are your web solution center located right here in beautiful, historic Bucks County!
At EHM Web Solutions, we cannot only help you create a powerful website, but also help you design and implement a customized social media marketing strategy. Our websites use open-source software called Joomla!, which boasts a user-friendly interface. It's just like writing an email.
The below text is part of our web design software and allows for enhanced SEO. Also, upon clicking the words, you will be brought to a list of every article in that category.
We have provided the following organizations with social media solutions and/or website design consultation:
Social Media is becoming more and more of a necessity nowadays. Is your company utilizing social media to its fullest?
If your business is not, EHM Web Solutions has the solution! We will work together with you to first outline your goals by discussing your desired "brand" reputation, as well as your current marketing strategy. We will then design a customized social media marketing strategy to accomplish these goals within a given time frame.
We will not only accomplish your goals, but also establish an online community, centered on your business. This online community will also function as a way to promote your products and converse with your potential customers / customers.
***A strong social media presence can help improve your Search Engine Optimization (SEO) or search rankings! You can also use your social media presences to conduct market research and learn how your services or business can best serve your customers.
Social Media is becoming more and more of a necessity nowadays. But how can your company or organization utilize social media to its fullest?
Have no fear, for EHM Web Solutions has the solution to your concerns! We will work together with you to first outline your goals, your "brand" reputation, and your current marketing strategy. We will then design a customized social media marketing strategy to accomplish these goals within a time frame we set.
The important things are we not only accomplish your goals, but we also create an online community for your business that all can enjoy. This online community will also function as a great way to promote your products and converse with your customers/ prospective customers.
***A strong social media presence can help improve your Search Engine Rankings (SEO)! You can also use your social media presences to conduct market research and learn how your services or business can better serve your customers.